Aster Global has an immediate need for an Agriculture Specialist / Audit Team Member.
Our ideal candidate will have an interest in the developing agricultural land management (ALM) carbon offset project and conservation markets, including validation/verification (3rd-party audit) of agricultural, forestry, and other land use projects (AFOLU) and social standards like sustainable development goals. Being self-motivated and able to be productive in all types of work environments are keys to success in this position.
A strong background in agricultural practices and auditing principals are required. Familiarity with statistics, farm and/or ranch operations, agronomy, assorted cultivation techniques, and an understanding basic fertilizer calculations is preferred.
In this position you will travel 40-60% of your time and may have an opportunity to experience some of the most remote ecosystems in the world.
The work location is flexible (remote/home office) with responsibilities world-wide.
Your Contributions to our Success will include:
- Assisting with and conducting desktop and field validations and verifications of AFOLU carbon offset projects including community, biodiversity, and sustainable development standards.
- Assessment/development/implementation of soil sampling inventories to evaluate soil carbon projects and data management.
- Quantifying various attributes from soil data, including statistical metrics.
- Learning to design and conduct soil inventories and performing inventory analysis.
- Monitoring contract compliance and results of ALM activities to assure adherence to regulatory requirements and/or carbon market requirements.
- Assessing projects for conservation of wildlife habitats and soil and water quality.
- Conducting ecosystem surveys and related studies.
- Conducting interviews with landowners, to indigenous communities, to government officials.
- Preparation of validation/verification and sampling plans, project reports, and articles.
- Supporting management with special projects and workflow process improvements and other duties as assigned.
- Course of study centered on agronomy or significant work experience and related certifications with agricultural land management and auditing.
- Auditing experience.
- Desire and ability to rapidly develop expertise in soil carbon offset project protocols such as Climate Action Reserve, American Carbon Registry (ACR), and Verified Carbon Standard (VCS).
- Excellent communication skills – must communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles (including in foreign countries and non-English speaking situations). Effectively tailoring the message to the needs of the audience.
- Strong technical writing knowledge and skills.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to new field situations, regulations and/or markets.
- Quality record-keeping/management, and subsequent data processing will be an essential component for this position.
- Knowledge spanning a broad range of technical and analytical services related to agricultural land management
- Effective document preparation, presentation, and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; basic knowledge of graphics programs
- Detailed and thorough in completing work tasks within budget and deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of agronomy practices, certifications and voluntary/compliance GHG reductions programs
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and social skills required
- Self-driven with ability to work remotely in an effective and efficient manner
- Desire and ability to work cohesively as part of a team of experts
If you have the following it is a plus:
- Strong understanding of the voluntary carbon market (especially the emerging Agricultural Land Management Sector) and GHG Programs (VCS, ARB, CAR, ACR, etc.).
- At least 6 credit hours in statistics.
- Experience developing and implementing project scopes to meet time and cost constraints.
- Experience with programming and development/implementation of soil carbon models (DNDC, Roth C, etc.).
- Social and environmental assessment/survey background.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in natural resources, agriculture management, soils or sufficient experience/certification equivalent to educational requirement
- Travel required (approximately 40%-60%), both domestically and internationally (can include 2-3 weeks in the field at a time)
Physical Requirements of the Job:
- Field work is conducted in both domestic and international outdoor environments which may include extreme working conditions and inclement weather conditions.
- Working in diverse domestic and international ecosystems requiring exposure and interactions with extreme terrain, native wildlife, insects, and various forest conditions throughout the year.
- As needed, lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass general physical fitness testing.
- May be required to move about to coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate or exchange ideas by means of verbal or written word to impart information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed instructions to other workers and translators
Job Location: Flexible with responsibilities world-wide.
Start Date: August 2021
Aster Global offers a comprehensive benefit package consisting of: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short & Long -Term Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program, 12-Paid Holidays per year, Paid Vacation, Personal Time off Pay, and Bereavement Pay. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Successful candidate(s) must pass a background check and must pass a drug test.
- Must have valid driver license and
- Work requires occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Must be able to travel for up to 20 consecutive days.
Interested candidates should send their resume, writing sample, three references, and anticipated starting salary via email to Natalie Hammer (email@example.com)
Aster Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Aster Global Environmental Solutions
Aster Global Environmental Solutions, Inc. (Aster Global), is a world-wide leader in the provision of ecosystem-based climate change and GHG emissions reductions/removal auditing services. With over 15+ year of experience in the GHG emissions/removals and climate change market and 20+ year of experience in environmental consulting, the Aster Global team is a dynamic, diverse, and rapidly growing group of professionals who are known for their expertise, integrity, and customer service.
Aster Global is accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) under ISO 14065:2013 for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies including: ISO 14064-3:2006, ISO 14065:2013, validation/verification of assertions related to GHG emission reductions and removals at the project level for Land Use and Forestry (Group 3), verification of assertions related to GHG emissions and removals at the organizational level (Group 1 – General, Group 2 – Manufacturing, Group 3 – Power Generation, Group 5 – Mining and Mineral Production, Group 6 – Metals Production, Group 7 chemical Production, Group 8 – Oil and Gas Extraction, production, and Refining including Petrochemicals, and Group 9 – Waste), and verification of assertions related to GHG emissions for the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA). Aster Global is also accredited by the California Air Resources Board.
Principled Resourceful Collaborative Adaptive Culturally Aware Industry Leading